The Bravo in flight!
Maxcraft had the pleasure of having Blackcomb Aviation drop off one of their aircraft for avionic upgrades and,
just as the upgrades and newÂ interior were completed, Wade, our crew chief, had the pleasure of going on the repositioning flight with the Blackcomb crew back to YVR.
Â This is Wade’s story:
On Sunday 29 January, 2012 Blackcomb Aviation sent two pilots in an EC120 Helicopter toPitt Meadows Airport. WeÂ departed to YVR with the recently upgraded Cessna 550 Citation Bravo with Brian as our Captain. The aircraft had had its traffic avoidance system upgraded to TCAS II, and flight management system upgraded to the latest WAAS FMS from Universal Avionics. It wasn’t a great day for flying but with an aircraft that well equipped we didn’t think twice. It was a 20 minute flight in the rain and we were in Richmond. The one comment from the crew as we exited was that the avionics were flawless!
Check out the flight from Pitt Meadows to YVR.Â Click on the link below:
With great pictures, and easy navigation, our store is the way to go.Â Shop and have delivered right to yourÂ door with no hassle.Â Purchase flight instruments, portables, headsets and more.
Â Have you got yours?
With spring arriving quickly, its time to get your plane in gear.Â Dust off the wings, give it a good bath and some fresh air.Â Bring in a new handheld portable for your new flights!Â Some of theÂ great features on the Garmin Aera 796 are:
- Big 7 inch hi-res touch screen
- 3D view of database-generated terrain
- Portrait or landscape mode
- Qualifies for use as either a Class I or Class II Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
- Geo-referenced IFR enroute charts & VFR sectional charts pre-loaded
- Jeppesenâ€™s chart upgrade ability (Garmin ChartView)
- Built -in digital document viewer
- Scratch pad â€“ path to a paperless cockpit!
- Added support for helicopter missions
- Garminâ€™s patented Panel Page
- Traffic compatible (GTX 330) or Zaon
- Safetaxi, Airport Directory for US and more
Interested, but not sure?Â Come in, try it and take our demo flying. Â If you like it as much as we do, click on the on-line store and purchase yours today orÂ call us for more details.
Â Maxcraft AvionicsÂ is a leader in airplane and helicopter avionicÂ system upgrades like the Garmin GTN series, including installation of everything from a basicÂ VHFÂ Radio and simple Garmin portable GPS all the way toÂ TCAS, EFIS,Â and autopilotÂ systems. We have the largest avionics facilityÂ in Canada and we have over 20,000 unique part numbers in ourÂ in inventory to repair your aircraft or upgrade your cockpit.