The new STX 165 Mode C transponder with built-in encoder by Sandia Aerospace is ideal for tight places. Designed to occupy a minimum of panel space, the transponder can slide into a one-half 3-ATI opening, and measures seven inches deep.
Its bright OLED display is readable in virtually all lighting conditions and automatically dims for night time operations. Check out just a few of the STX 165 features.
- Built-in Encoder Simplifies installations and lowers cost.
- Three Timer Functions Elapsed Flight Time, Up Timer, Down Timer
- Pressure Altitude Display See what altitude your transponder is reporting to Center
- Optional OAT Probe Input Displays Outside Air Temp.,Density Altitude, Icing Alert
- Small and Light Weight 7.4″ behind the panel depth, 1.3 lbs.
- Low Current Requirements Ideal for LSA – Glider – UAV Operations
Sandia has also introduced a remote version of the transponder, the STX 165R, designed to interface with onboard nav management.
SPOT Gen3 by Globalstar & rebates on the SPOT 2!
Globalstar asked us what features on their next generation SPOT would be helpful for aviation and they listened.
Coming in July, the latest in the line of SPOT rugged satellite GPS messengers, the SPOT Gen3 keeps you connected even when you’re off-the-grid. Using the power of satellite technology SPOT works virtually anywhere in the world. This has been a great inexpensive safety product for aviators and now even more so with the improved 2.5 minute track intervals!
Key Aviation Differences: SPOT 3 vs SPOT 2
- Longer battery life – more reliable
- Internal vibration sensor to only send tracking messages while moving – more efficient
- New Movement Messaging – theft alerting capability
- Variable rates in Track Mode (30 min, 15, 10, 5, 2) – more customizable
- Inserting OK or Custom messages into a Track session no longer blocks Track Messages from being sent for ~30 minutes – more reliable
- USB connection for FW upgrades as well as feature manipulation (enabling Unlimited Track, varying the rate, etc.)
- USB connection for line power – indefinite life span
- Device will run off of Energizer NiMH rechargeable batteries (USB power will NOT charge the batteries, they must be removed and charged separately)
- LEDs visible while pressing the buttons – more confidence in the functions
- Easier to press buttons with tactile feedback – more user-friendly
As well the SPOT 2 is only $119.95 and includes a $50 mail-in rebate (see our rebate section for details)
Dual USB charging port for your accessories!
The TA102 Dual USB Charging Port is an easy way to power up any standard or high-power device that uses a USB interface – this includes cell phones, GPS devices, and tablets. This self-contained device protects itself and the charging device from power surges, short circuits, and over-current potential.
- Charges one or two products simultaneously with a USB interface while providing short-circuit, over-current, and over-temperature protection
- 2.1 amps power output per port (5 VDC± 0.25 per port)
- Can be mounted in the panel or cabin and uses 10-32 VDC input voltage
Maxcraft Avionics is a leader in airplane and helicopter avionic system upgrades like the Garmin GTN series, including installation of everything from a basic VHF Radio and simple Garmin portable GPS all the way to TCAS, EFIS, and autopilot systems. We have the largest avionics facility in Canada and we have over 20,000 unique part numbers in our in inventory to repair your aircraft or upgrade your cockpit.