The first premium wireless aviation headset, Tango blends outstanding noise cancelation, renowned Lightspeed comfort, and wireless convenience.
With no cables to get in the way and critical controls — including volume and ComPriority™ — located on the headset, Tango creates an entirely new level of flying enjoyment and untethered freedom.
Some major features are:
- Lightspeed Link™ technology — At the heart of Tango is Lightspeed Link. Developed by Lightspeed engineers to ensure the reliable communication pilots demand, Lightspeed Link is not Bluetooth or WiFi, but incorporates existing technologies chosen for both signal reliability and audio quality for the aviation environment. The Lightspeed Link connection is so robust, as many as six Tango headsets can be operated in the same aircraft, letting everyone onboard experience the true freedom of wireless flight.
- Panel interface — The panel interface is the vital hub of the Lightspeed Link system, routing communication between the headset, the intercom, and auxiliary devices. Wrapped in an attractive and durable case, it houses the lower cable, which is adjustable to 31 inches. Weighing just under 9 ounces and with multiple mounting points, no upper cables, and critical controls located on the headset, the panel interface can be mounted conveniently and securely in any aircraft.
- 21st century power — In yet another Lightspeed first, Tango is the first aviation headset powered by rechargeable lithium ion batteries, a power source trusted in countless critical applications. Lightspeed’s rechargeable lithium ion batteries deliver twelve hours of continuous operation while offering earth and wallet friendly reusability in a compact size.The Tango dual-port wall charger can quickly charge both the headset and panel interface batteries at the same time, providing 75% charge in less than an hour and a full charge in two hours. The batteries can also be charged while the headset is in use or easily replaced on the go. The battery for the headset and panel interface are interchangeable, and spare batteries can be purchased separately.
- Built-in redundancy — The panel interface also stores the backup cable, instantly available for uninterrupted communication, in the event the batteries become depleted.
- Outstanding quiet — Tango delivers the advanced noise cancellation you expect from Lightspeed.
- Remarkable comfort — Tango features plush ear seals with large openings and nearly 10 square inches of surface area for a better seal and greater distribution of side pressure.
- FlightLink compatible — Capture and retrieve incoming and outgoing communications with Lightspeed’s free FlightLink recording app for the Apple® iPad® and iPhone® via the supplied patch cable.
- Choice of auxiliary inputs — Enjoy excellent call clarity, music fidelity, and access to critical alerts from aviation apps on mobile devices using either the supplied patch cable or Bluetooth®.
- ComPriority™ — Never miss important radio communications with patented ComPriority, which lowers the volume of any auxiliary device automatically during radio or intercom transmissions.
- Auto Shutoff™ — Lightspeed’s proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset and Panel Interface power when not in use.
- Reversible microphone — A unique design allows microphone placement on the left or the right.
- Included — Custom molded carrying case, music patch cord, cord clip, two lithium ion batteries (only one included with LEMO panel power headsets), two charging cables, dual-port wall charger.
- Available Configurations — Dual GA battery power (rechargeable lithium ion); LEMO panel power*; U-174 (heli) battery power (rechargeable lithium ion).
*Panel power is only provided to the panel interface. The headset still requires a rechargeable lithium ion battery (included).
We carry Tango, Zulu.2 and PFX. Visit Maxcraft to see our demo headsets. Or go to our webstore and order direct at Maxcraft Avionics Webstore.
Maxcraft Avionics is a leader in airplane and helicopter avionic system upgrades,including installation of everything from basic VHF Radios and flight instruments, all the way to sophisticated GPS, TCAS, EFIS, and glass cockpit systems. We have the largest avionics facility in Canada and over 20,000 unique part numbers in our inventory to repair your aircraft or upgrade your cockpit.