The 59th Annual AEA International Convention & Trade Show happened in Orlando, Florida this past week.
Last week Steve and Michael returned from the Aircraft Electronics association Convention and Tradeshow in Orlando Florida. This four day event is the largest wholesale avionics show in general aviation, with over 2,000 avionics manufacturers, repairs stations, installers and aviation professionals in attendance.
This is the biggest week in the avionics industry with more than 75 hours of training and regulatory sessions with accreditation towards TC’s and FAA’s IA renewal s. Presentations by civil aviation authorities, including the FAA, TCCA, EASA and others, share vital regulatory information with all attendees.
Equally important, AEA showcases cutting-edge new avionics products, often for the first time.
Highlights of this year’s new product introductions included….
1. GoGo Aviation announced:
- A doubling of their Canadian coverage for their Air-To-Ground inflight broadband connection
- New lower bundled data plans
- Starting at $39/hr for text, voice, and data (no minimums or overages)
- Vision entertainment plans from $525 to maximum $895/mth
2. Mid-Continent’s True Blue Power showed off their new TA202 Series High Power USB Charging Port
3. The TA202 Series simultaneously provides 3 amps of power per charging port. Available in single and dual USB Type-A and Type-C configurations.New antennas from Cobham for next gen transponders
4. L3 enhancements to their already successful NGT-9000 transponder
- A Class B embedded terrain awareness warning system (eTaws)
- ADS-B traffic advisory system (ATAS) aural alerting option
5. Avidyne continues to add features to their IFD series of GPS Flight Management Systems
- Synthetic Vision (SVS) displays are available on every version of their growing line of IFD-Series GPS FMS systems.
- IFD410, a GPS-only version of the IFD440
- The new IFD550 FMS/GPS/NAV COM with the addition of an integrated Attitude Reference System (ARS).
- The new IFD100, an iPad-based application that mimics all the functionality of their IFD-Series GPS Flight Management Systems, and giving pilots a powerful new tool for managing their flight.
6. Our friends at Jupiter Avionics continue expand their product line:
- JA71 Dzus blanking plate series
- JA71/77 Dzus Rail switch plates with removable legends
- JA72 Dsus Glove box and USB charger series
- JA37 Aural message generators
- JA35 remote summing amp
7. Rockwell Collins
- CASP expansion with new 100 hour minimums
7. Astronautics announced a new primary Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) for helicopters called the RoadRunner:
- The RoadRunner is a form-fit-function upgrade for helicopters that increases reliability and offers operators the choice of moving from electromechanical instruments and legacy EFIs to modern digital displays. The new EFI provides operators enhanced safety, decreased operating costs, weight reduction, and minimal downtime for installation
These are just a few highlights of the many new products introduced at AEA. Please contact us at Maxcraft and we would be happy to discuss all the new technology!
Maxcraft Avionics is a leader in airplane and helicopter avionic system upgrades, including installation of everything from basic VHF Radios and flight instruments, all the way to sophisticated GPS, TCAS, EFIS, and glass cockpit systems. We have the largest avionics facility in Canada and over 20,000 unique part numbers in our inventory to repair your aircraft or upgrade your cockpit.